These are the requirements for obtaining a marriage license.
- Applicants must be unmarried and at least 18 years of age. (If one or both parties requesting a marriage license are under the age of 18, refer to Marriage License for Minors.) If either applicant has been divorced or had an annulment within the last six months, we will need a certified copy of the JUDGEMENT OF ANNULMENT or FINAL DECREE OF DISSOLUTION before issuing a license. A Notice of Entry of Judgement is not a final dissolution document.
- Valid photo I.D. required, such as:
- Driver’s license
- State issued I.D. card
- Passport (must be in English)
- Military service or military dependent I.D. card
- Alien registration card (formerly known as “Green” card)
- I.D. card issued by the U.S. Government. If a form of identification which includes both a photograph and birth date is not available, the use of two other identification documents are required to prove identity and age (one with a photograph and one with a birth date). Some examples of these types of documents include:
School identification card
Employee identification card
- Birth Date
Certified copy of a birth certificate
- Note: Any document in a foreign language must be translated into English and the translator’s signature must be notarized.
- Both applicants must apply together
- Select a type of license
- Name Equality Act 2007