The Recorder-County Clerk offers an opportunity to have a special friend or family member appointed to perform the marriage ceremony. This is a one-event appointment. The bride, groom, or the person performing the marriage ceremony MUST reside in San Bernardino County.
This service is done by appointment ONLY. Please call (909) 252-5651 to schedule an appointment at least six weeks in advance of the date of the ceremony.
Complete the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Couple or person performing the ceremony must be a San Bernardino County Resident
- Complete the Deputy Commissioner for One Day Application
- Be prepared to present current government issued identification
- The couple must be prepared to present their marriage license prior to solemnizing their marriage
Once approval has been granted, instructions for completion of the license, sample wedding vows, and a copy of the commission will be provided.