Online video marriage license issuance with ceremony services are now being offered by the San Bernardino County Clerk, by appointment only. Call (909) 252-5651 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
SAN BERNARDINO, CA (May 13, 2020) –The San Bernardino County Clerk’s office performed its first online video marriage license and ceremony, a first for the county, and is now accepting appointments through June 29, 2020.
“While marriage services continue to be provided in-person at our office by appointment only, we are pleased to be adding online video marriage licenses with ceremonies,“ said Assessor-Recorder Bob Dutton. “The Recorder-County Clerk is committed to providing essential government services while protecting the health of the public to slow the spread of COVID-19.”
Under Executive Order N-58-20 issued by Governor Gavin Newsom, adults are able to obtain a marriage license, at the discretion of their local county clerk, through videoconferencing. Couples who are interested in receiving these services from the San Bernardino County Clerk, must meet the following criteria:
- Video Conference is only available to those couples seeking to get a marriage license and have their ceremony.
- One of the parties must be a San Bernardino County Resident.
- Couple must be physically in the state of California during the session.
- Couple must be in the same room during the License Issuance and Ceremony.
- Couple must be able to connect with both video and audio functionality via Zoom.
- Couple and Witness must have the ability to access their email accounts during the session.
- Witness must be available to sign the license and join the ceremony via video conference.
- Guests will be permitted to join the video conference after all paperwork is completed and received by County (approximately 10-20 minutes after scheduled appointment).
The first online video marriage ceremony in San Bernardino County took place on May 11th , 2020. Chief Deputy Recorder Melissa Garcia performed the first online video marriage ceremony for Yucca Valley residents Trent and Crystal Bell. To view a 1-minute clip of the ceremony, please click here.
To book an appointment for the online video marriage license with ceremony service, call (909) 252-5651 or send an email to email@example.com.
The County Clerk is also accepting appointments for in-person marriage licenses and ceremonies for San Bernardino County residents. Daily appointments are limited. Please call (909) 387-8306 to book an appointment.